The growth of Internet business-to-business usage in today’s global market, along with the need to transform legacy systems to new technology systems, is contributing to the growing complexity of system management.
This drives the need for reliable and efficient remote systems management services. Selecting and implementing the best management tools for your business is only the initial challenge; companies must customize these tools to suit their unique network environment, integrate them with the existing tools and operational procedures, while performing critical day-to-day operations.
The remote systems management services help businesses to constantly monitor and maintain desired levels of performance of the systems, make the systems highly available with minimum to no down time, and provide regular monthly reports, etc.
The Highlights of the Services are:
- Reducing and controlling the cost of network support
- Automating systems administration processes
- Leveraging system resources and personnel
- Proactively managing your system resources
- Dramatically reducing the amount of time it takes to determine the root cause of a failure by providing device and subsystem status in the context of other related devices
- Providing administrators with real-time status information on any polled device
- Providing rapid problem isolation and determination and support long-term planning by identifying and reporting patterns of activity and trends
- Establishing pre-defined parameters to alert the system administrator's of any unusual system activities
- Improving user response time, traffic patterns and prevent loss of mission-critical resources
- Safeguarding and protecting the enterprise from malicious or accidental introduction of viruses
- Ensuring optimal real-time system configuration and performance
The services offered for Remote Management are:
- Configuration Management - manage server OS configurations to ensure optimal operating system performance
- Incident Management – to administer and manage network devices to ensure they are always available. This may also include third party vendors and maintenance organizations.
- Performance Management – to administer and manage your network traffic routing, filtering, and queuing management
- Security Management – to administer and manage your passwords and security policies